Someday photos will be all we have left of someone. These are fun, stress-free sessions that include both posed and candid shots of you loving on your family and genuinely having a great time together! My goal is always to capture the essence of who you are and the relationships you share with your loved ones. Let’s make some memories!
Cost – $225 + 5.5% sales tax
(Travel fee may apply – see below)
- My creative talent for 60 minutes of shooting time at a location of your choice (locations outside of the cities listed below will require an additional travel fee)
- All photos individually digitally retouched, edited, and enhanced
- A “sneak peek” of 5 proof images with watermark posted to the company Facebook page within 1 week of your session for you to view and share as you wish
- All final images (minimum of 35) available as a digital download within 4 weeks of your session (If you would prefer to have your digital images mailed to you on a USB drive, an additional $10 fee is required)
- Option to purchase professional prints, canvases, phone cases, and other products directly from your online gallery
- Print release of all final images
*Locations outside the cities of Windham, Gray, Cumberland, and Falmouth require an additional $25 travel fee.
Q. Why do a portrait or family session?
A. There are so many reasons! Here are some of the most popular reasons for portraits:
– Yearly family photo
– Holiday cards
– Senior pictures for high school yearbook
– Young children milestones – 1 year old, beginning kindergarten
– School portraits – you don’t like the generic photos taken at school
– Long distance relatives visiting
– Elderly parents or grandparents
– Grandparents with the grandchildren
– Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gifts
– Anniversary gift
– Weight loss transformation
– Career headshots
– JUST BECAUSE!
The reasons are truly endless!
Q. How long does a portrait or family session last?
A. Around 1 hour of shooting time including both posed and candid lifestyle shots.
Q. Where would the session take place?
A. Anywhere your heart desires! As a lifestyle photographer I do not have a designated studio space. I don’t normally shoot photos that have a staged backdrop. Somewhere outside is the BEST option in my opinion! I love to accompany families with young children on a family outing: picnic, beach day, trip to the park. This is great for snapping photos of you interacting with your children and leads to candid smiles! For individuals I like to shoot anywhere you feel your happiest! There is no right or wrong. If you’d like help deciding I have a list of some of my favorite locations but I’m always up for shooting somewhere new!
Q. What should I/we wear?
A. There really is no right or wrong answer to this. Most families choose to coordinate outfits based on a color, style, or pattern. I will say that photos are more pleasing to the eye when the subjects are in solids or a few subtle patterns. Having bold patterns can definitely work, but it can be challenging with larger groups and limits the posing combinations – for example Uncle Fred in red plaid may not look so great standing next to Grandma Judy in multi-colored polka dots, but whatever look you would like for your clothing is 100% your choice! We’ll make it work. Just wear whatever makes you feel beautiful and ready for the camera!
Q. When can I expect my final digital photos?
A. A “sneak peek” of proof photos (minimum of 5) will be posted to the website’s blog within 1 week of your session. These photos will be formatted for web use and will have a watermark. They will be available for you to save and share as you wish.
*You may expect ALL of your FINAL images to be available as a digital download within 4 weeks of your session. All final images will be digitally enhanced and will have NO watermark. They will be delivered as full resolution, large format JPEG files. (If you prefer to have your photos mailed to you on a USB drive, an additional $10 fee is required)
*With payment and the signing of your contract, you grant Erica Shirley Photography the rights to use images on the website www.ericashirleyphotography.com and professional social media for advertising and portfolio purposes. This contract will also grant you full printing rights to all final images as well as the right to post them on your personal social media.
*I do not place a maximum on the number of shots taken as I do not believe in limiting the potential of any session. I take as many shots as needed in our time together to capture the moment!